- Members will be appointed by the Minister of the Department of Energy and Resource Development.
- The Council will consist of nineteen members including 2 ex officio members.
- The Chairperson will be designated by the Minister. The Vice-Chair will be designated by the Council.
- The Assistant Deputy Minister, Renewable Resources and the Director, Fish and Wildlife Branch, Department of Energy and Resource Development will be ex officio members of the Council.
- A majority of members (ten) including the Chairperson or Vice-Chair will constitute a quorum.
- Members will serve three-year terms, except initially when five of the members will be appointed for one year, six for two years, and six for three years. Members will not serve consecutive terms.
- The Council will evaluate proposals and requests for funding to the Wildlife Trust Fund. The Council will recommend to the Minister funding levels according to terms of reference for the program areas of the Fund.
- The Council will review and comment on the annual workplan and budget allocation for the fish and wildlife program within Department of Energy and Resource Development.
- The Council will study, investigate and report on any matter when requested by the Minister.
- The Council will select an executive (maximum of six) and its own rules and procedures subject to the approval of the Minister.
- The Council will, upon approval of Minister, initiate fund raising activities for the Trust Fund.
- The Council will report to the Minister.
- The Council will submit an annual report to the Minister on the activities of the Council.
- The Council may employ a staff person to facilitate operations of the Council including fund raising and day to day administration. Funding for any staff or administration expenses will come from monies raised by the Council. Operation and maintenance costs, including staff, are to be kept to a minimum.
- The Council may engage the services of persons having special technical or other knowledge with the approval of the Minister.
- A member will be paid travelling and out-of-pocket expenses incurred in discharging their duties as member of the Council.
- The Council will meet no more than six (6) times per year unless otherwise directed by the Minister.
- Seven (7) members-at-large will be nominated by Government.
- Ten (10) members will be appointed to represent the following interests:
- The Minister will solicit three (3) or more names for consideration as appointees to the Council from the following organizations with an interest in fish and wildlife resources:
- N.B. Wildlife Federation
- N.B. Outfitters and Guides Associations
- Ducks Unlimited Canada
- N.B. Salmon Council
- N.B. Trappers and Fur Harvesters Federation
- N.B. Federation of Naturalists/Nature NB
- Academia (N.B. Museum/N.B. Universities)
- Indigenous People of New Brunswick
- The Assistant Deputy Minister, Renewable Resources and the Director, Fish and Wildlife Branch, Department of Energy and Resource Development, will be ex officio members of the Board