- To provide funding for programs and projects that will initiate youth of New Brunswick to conservation and traditional uses of wildlife resources.
- To provide funding for information programs for the general population on conservation, traditional use and protection of the resources.
- The program will present a balanced view on conservation and protection of fish and wildlife resources.
- The program will be consistent with sound stewardship and sustainable use.
- Projects can be delivered in school or out in the natural environment.
- Projects need to focus on a positive use of our resources.
- Preference will be given to projects that can be used province wide.